Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Because it’s been our tradition to celebrate Christmas with the entire family, all four of us (Justin, his Dad, me and his yaya) trooped to my parents’ place in Dasmariñas, Cavite last December 24.

We actually did not have a Noche Buena because we really intended to have our Christmas family get-together on Christmas Day itself. That’s because we still had to wait for my father’s older sister (Auntie Mameng) who has celebrated Christmas with us for several years now. She’s our original Santa Claus.

It’s from her that I inherited the habit of giving gifts to family and friends on Christmas Day, no matter if I’m not able to buy anything for myself anymore. LOL! Christmas is giving, right? So I give ‘til it hurts! Ouch! But I’m happy to share my blessings with the people I love; that happiness is my Christmas gift to myself.

First things first, we needed to eat. Here’s what we had for lunch on Christmas.


Yummy!

Of course, we had our photos taken beside our sumptuous Christmas feast.


Ed, Tetcha and Justin



Ate Cristy, her husband Kuya Jhun and their children Tin-Tin (oldest), Hazel and Ron; Ate Ayie is missing in action!



My younger brother Dennis, his wife Meg and their daughter Em-Em



My younger sister Meann



Auntie Mameng and family



All of us!

After eating, we proceeded to the living room for our traditional gift-giving and exchange gifts. We took more pictures of us before that, though.

The cousins



The couples and the single again



Gift-giving time!



Time to open the gifts



So happy with what I received! Thanks, Tin!



Justin playing with his new toy



Exchange gifts!

Then, it was singing time!










Isn’t it obvious that everybody wanted to sing? My son hogged the limelight, too. Never mind if he sang the same two songs over and over again. LOL! We all wished there were more karaoke machines to accommodate everyone.

As you can see from the pictures, we all had great fun on our Christmas family reunion. We’re all looking forward to a grander Christmas celebration next year!


4 pensive thought/s:

Wow! Daming food sis. Ang dami nyo na din na nagsalo-salo. Masaya talaga ang Pasko! :D

 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin