Hubby: What kind of vacation is that if you’re still going to work?
Me: My work will pile up if I don’t do some of it while on vacation.
I told him that because it’s the truth. My work is complicated. I’m not really confined to just one kind of work. I multitask every day. My designation is project manager. I oversee a small group of online writing tutors, and we’re growing! My duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. I train and hire tutors.
2. I correspond with my tutors re policies and project-related concerns.
3. I correspond with our U.S. client re tutorial concerns, our group’s tutoring schedule every semester, etc.
4. I monitor and record my group’s daily production.
5. I make sure our group meets our monthly production quota.
6. I submit our group’s production report at the end of each month for payroll purposes.
7. I’m also a tutor myself, and I have a fixed schedule every day for my tutorials.
In short, I’m a tutor, trainor, administrator, liaison officer, HR and accounting staff, and project manager all rolled into one! That is why I still work on Saturdays and Sundays. That is why I can’t attend blog events on weekdays, although I do sometimes because I need to go out of my cage. And that is why I have reservations, too, about taking vacations because in the end, I’ll have to make up for all the work that I failed to do.
But, hey, I need to enjoy life, too, so hon, set the date, book the flight and I’ll pack our bags!