Friday, March 4, 2011

Medicare Part D is a program of the U.S. Government that subsidizes the cost of prescription drugs for Medicare beneficiaries. Persons eligible for Medicare Part D plan are those who are entitled to benefits under Medicare Part A and/or enrolled in Medicare Part B.

How I wish PhilHealth offers prescription drug coverage, too. This will be helpful to PhilHealth members like me whose parents are on maintenance medications. Both my parents are taking maintenance drugs for high blood pressure. My mother also takes maintenance drugs for diabetes. Their medications are classified as prescription drugs, and because they’re not taking one but a number of different tablets a day, they’re spending a lot for their maintenance medications.

I help them financially with their medication needs, but I wish they could buy other things than just their medication drugs with the money I give them every pay day. That will only be possible if prescription drugs will be covered by PhilHealth.


0 pensive thought/s:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin