Tuesday, March 11, 2008

April last year, my blood tests showed a very high level of bad cholesterol. Tsk…tsk…So I was given medication for one month and a cholesterol-lowering diet guide, which I followed to the hilt. And I vowed I’d lower that amount with strict discipline and determination, which I did. And yes, I aced my second round of blood tests. But since I was late again for this particular appointment with my doctor--a good one month (or is it two?) has passed since my scheduled visit with him--he said he needed to see how my cholesterol level is faring with the absence of medication. And so he gave me another request for another series of blood tests, which I was supposed to have completed in January of this year, but I still have not done until now. It’s the holidays, for God’s sake! I still might have remnants of all the fat-laden foods I ate last Christmas and New Year had I went for those tests in January. Is that cheating or what? I was actually kind of complacent, too, after having received a very good 2D-echo result on that same visit with my good doctor. Not to worry, doc, I’m maintaining my fish-centered diet, with very few binging on the side. I’ve actually become more careful now with the food I eat, and that has a lot to do with being a mom. I have to be healthy for my son, even if that means sacrificing some of my gastronomic cravings.

2 pensive thought/s:

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

I'm really sorry for this late reply, Webcam. Thanks for the wonderful comment.

 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin